School Poetry: Retrospective - Goblin Under the Stairs & Little Monsters


Goblin under the Stairs


When I go to get the register,
There’s a goblin under the stairs.
He’s there every time I go past
And my teacher doesn’t care.
He has a big domed forehead,
Sharp, yellow, pointed teeth.
And when I have to go up,
He tries to grab me from beneath.
He has speckled almond eyes
And crescent moons for lids.
He’s always there peeping out
Looking for us kids.
But I’m really brave;
Make myself race past.
He won’t bite my ankles
Coz I can run too fast.

 And the response:

Little Monsters

The little monsters’ arrival
Wakes me from my sleep.
Their croaking and caterwauling
Makes me peep and peep.
Cooked and cacky skin with
Squashed features tightly held.
Fidget and fleet of foot,
Thumbing faces when they’re bold.
Even though they’re ugly,
And they hop and hop,
I’d really like to play with them,
I have to make them stop.
So I wait patiently,
Which is difficult for my kind,
Then I’ll grab their ankles
And bite them so they’re mine.

1 comments:

Andrew said...

I liked both poems. Just wanted to let you know that I linked to them as part of National Poetry Month. Just trying to spread out as much link love as I can to my fellow poets.

Have a great day and happy writing!

Post a Comment

 
Free Website TemplatesFreethemes4all.comFree CSS TemplatesFree Joomla TemplatesFree Blogger TemplatesFree Wordpress ThemesFree Wordpress Themes TemplatesFree CSS Templates dreamweaverSEO Design